Tips to reduce water retention (in case one has no medical condition that causes it or has caused it):
- Drink plenty of water. Most probably your body has retained water because it’s lacking in it. You are not consuming enough water.
- Do not take much of carbs and no sugar whole day. Milk and fruits also have high sugar content. Avoid them as well.
- Cut on salt to the minimal. Sodium retains water.
- Drink green tea, about 3 times after an interval of 4 hours each time.
- Take proper sleep of 8 hours but do not sleep overly.
- Move your body without stressing it out. It will really help to move all that stuck fluid and flush it out of your lymphatic nodules.
- Remove all the sources of stress. Stress causes a lot of water retention that people usually ignore.
- Do not drink coffee in any form to reduce bloating. The reason behind saying this is that, although coffee is a good diuretic but it also induces anxiety which in turn adds to the stress level and thus increases cortisol level of your body, and when cortisol level increases, it signals the brain to store water.
- Cool down your body. Overly heated body for any reason, stores water as well.
- Last but not the least, it may be because of a particular period of your mentruation cycle. Just let it pass or adopt the above mentioned ways. Have proper rest.
I hope it may help someone some day.. ❤💫